Wednesday, December 28, 2011

On Emulsification and Transition

Last January 2011, I posted a note on Facebook about Oil and Vinegar and the Art of Marriage. It seemed to me that a miracle had happened and that all those years as a married woman I had to come to a comfortable point in my life. Today is December 29, 2011- barely a year after that "enlightened" post. I am sitting more confused and disappointed than ever and with my head still spinning from what had happened in June that hit me head on and caused my life to turn turtle. Many might say that it was a hypocritical view of something I would end less than a year later. Reading the post again, however, I realize that the epiphanic moment did not close my doors but rather open ones I never thought I had. Again, I hope to shed some light on the art of relationships.

The key is to making a good emulsification is combining two quality ingredients that stand well on their own together. The combination of those two ingredients is excellent but, eventually, they need to separate again and go back to their old properties. A lot like human beings. Some of us are just better off being the way we are. Some of us eccentric ones need to be undiluted by the norms of society. That's one thing they don't tell us when we decide to tie the knot. Justifying separation? I'm not answering a hesitant "maybe" but a resounding "yes".

No comments: